Panohero-H5B for Hero 5 Black
Panohero-H5B supports 2x4 positions of the camera – 4 up and 4 down for a full spherical panorama. That way the images provide more overlap which is better in the presence of moving objects. Moreover, this scheme allows for an optimal exposure of the lighter upper hemisphere and of the darker lower hemisphere in most situations.
Panohero-H5B is made from the extremely robust material Polyamide. The discreet anthracite color of the smooth and shiny parts underline its professional nature.
Parts of Panohero-H5B
The upper link of the device provides an insertion position and two stops at about 45 degrees to both sides of the insertion position. At one of these stops the camera covers a region which includes horizon and nadir. At the other stop the camera covers a region which includes horizon and zenith.
The lower link provides four stops. The link is tightened by a quarter rotation to the left, loosened by a quarter rotation to the right and advanced to its next position by a another quarter rotation to the right.
Panohero-H5B – video of prototype
How the Panohero-H5B is produced
The device is built from Polyamide via SLS (selective laser sintering) at an industrial 3D-printing service company in the area of Munich in Germany on a leading edge 3D-printing machine. After printing, the device is carefully manually cleaned from any remaining powder and then polished for a few hours by slide grinding it with a mixture of some liquid and many small triangular stones. At another specialized industrial service the device is dyed in anthracite. There it receives also a coating which makes the Panohero more shiny, waterproof, non-soiling and UV resistant. Grinding-in if needed, insertion of bubble level and nut, assembly, completion with a detailed user’s manual, packaging and quality assurance are finally done manually at Herdima in Höhenkirchen.
- Look at a collection of panoramas shot with Panohero-H5B.
- With Panohero-H5B, the average stitching error is usually less than one pixel. Zenith and nadir of the stitched panoramas look perfect.
- Raw images, intermediate TIFF images, and the PTGui project file of a test panorama are available via Dropbox on request.
- Hero 5 can shoot in RAW format – for higher dynamic range and better colors
(develop into TIFF with Lightroom 6.7),
- Hero 5 puts GPS data into the images – handy for services which require that.
- Good overlap due to 2x4 images.
- Hero 5 can be triggered with voice control. No need for remote or smartphone.
- The App GoPro HDR supports Hero 5.
- Destinations within the EU: 99 € (incl. VAT) + 6 € shipment
- Destinations outside of the EU: 89 € (no VAT) + 9 € shipment